FreeAgent Affiliate Program Policies
All FreeAgent Affiliates are required to complete agreement and remain in compliance with these terms. This page contains everything you need to know to be a FreeAgent Affiliate, including resources, legal information, and brand awareness.
Available commissions are set forth in the Affiliate Tool. Commissions may be based on either signup, or an Affiliate Lead, and purchase commissions may be calculated based on monthly or annual purchases at the rates set forth in the Affiliate Tool.
Commissions for the Affiliate Program are as follows:
2021 Commission – Higher rewards for the rest of 2021!
$260 on qualified leads (2x!)— plus, 25% commision on sales. The commission will be paid monthly for the first 12 months of the customer’s subscription.
A $130 flat fee for an Affiliate Lead (determined by FreeAgent).
A 20% commission on the customer’s first purchase, for the first 12 months of the customer subscription, in addition to the $130 fee. All fees and commissions will be paid via the Affiliate Tool.
In order to receive payment, all necessary pages must be completed in the Affiliate Tool. The information provided will determine form of payment, all necessary account/personal information, and tax information (if applicable).
- For purchase commissions, you will receive commission for the first purchase made by a new customer who is not in an active sales process with us at the time of the affiliate link click.
- Commissions will still be counted if a user starts on one domain and then signs up or purchases on another FreeAgent domain.
- Affiliate links may rely on cookies to track referrals. Therefore if cookies get cleared, we may not be able to track these events.
- Cookie windows are stated in the Affiliate Tool.
- Only affiliate links can be used to track referrals. Incorrect use of affiliate links will cause inability to track referrals.
- You cannot use affiliate links to refer clients you are servicing. You’ll need to join the Solutions Partner Program and register them as a lead. You also can’t be a billing contact or user of the account referred.
- Fraudulent or stolen attribution is a non payable event. If we suspect fraud (for example, if we see that signups are all from the same city or IP address) we may require you to prove that the referrals are valid.
You do not receive additional commission if a customer upgrades to a higher-tiered product in the future. If a customer downgrades, you will receive the commission associated with that downgrade.
In the event a single customer clicks two different affiliate links, the last affiliate gets the credit. We do, however, reserve the right to modify this in certain circumstances.
- Promoting FreeAgent
You agree to follow FreeAgent’s brand usage and trademark guidelines as outlined here:
FreeAgent Trademark Usage Agreement
- FreeAgent Branding
Capitalize the “A” in “FreeAgent”.
You must follow our style guide, our Trademark Usage Guidelines here, and our Content Usage Guidelines here.
Use false or misleading statements on the benefits of using FreeAgent
Modify or adjust the FreeAgent wordmark or eagle logo in any sort of marketing material you might create, including the creation of any visual badges or dual-logo lockups.
- What to call yourself
As we have multiple ways to partner with FreeAgent and several ways to reference those relationships, here are some guidelines around what you can and cannot call yourself within the FreeAgent Affiliate Program.
Do: Say you’re a “FreeAgent Affiliate” or “Marketing Affiliate”.
Do: Ask permission before referring to yourself as a Partner or that you’ve “partnered with FreeAgent.” This includes press releases, references in videos, listings on your website, or in any other marketing material you may be using.
- Buying Ads
You will not purchase ads that direct to your site(s) or through an affiliate link that could be considered as competing with FreeAgent’s own advertising, including, but not limited to, our branded keywords. If running ads, you need to direct the ad to your own website (and not to freeagentcrm.com).
- Policies that don’t fit into the other buckets
Survey Participation: We would encourage you to participate in any affiliate-specific NPS surveys, industry surveys, marketing surveys, etc. as we request.
Sharing Placements: When requested, you’ll share the places you’ve used your affiliate link. This includes, but is not limited to, links, screenshots, and email sends.
Purchasing FreeAgent yourself: One of the benefits of the Affiliate Program is we don’t require you to purchase FreeAgent products. Though if you decide to purchase, we require that you do not use your own affiliate link.
to a better workday
Talk to a CRM expert and
unleash your team’s potential.