Director, Demand Generation
Los Gatos, California
Leading the way to a better workday.
FreeAgent is trusted by the world’s most productive companies to collaborate, grow revenue, and improve their workday. FreeAgent empowers leaders to optimize sales, marketing, customer success, project management and more — so every employee has workdays full of impact.
FreeAgent is on a mission to improve people’s lives through technology. From the beginning, we’ve believed that great teams deserve an alternative to outdated, low-rated, super-slow traditional business software.
The next generation will be custom fit, will adapt on the fly, and will be characterized by being both a system of record and a system of engagement. That’s why FreeAgent is the #1 Most User Recommended horizontal CRM platform as determined by Gartner and their Software Advice web service. And we are just getting started.
Founded by executives with a history of success from founding Coupa Software ($20B Market Cap), fueling growth at ServiceNow ($90B Market Cap), or running key parts of Oracle’s Applications ($225B Market Cap), we intend to become a well recognized and beloved brand in business software. Of course we are backed by notable venture firms including BlueRun, Pelion, and Altara.
We have been growing 150%+ Y/Y and we’re looking for the right individuals to come join our team! Join our rocketship and supercharge your career.
About the role
As our Demand Generation Director, you will play a vital role in our company’s growth by designing and executing integrated multi-touch campaigns that drive brand awareness, pipeline creation and revenue growth.
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will collaborate with marketing and sales to deliver an aligned, omni-channel digital experience to prospective customers that amplifies brand awareness, generates high-quality leads, builds trust, and helps create a climate for close. You’ll work closely with brand, content and product marketing to create a compelling pre-sales customer journey and encourage engagement across all channels. You’ll propose and implement proven strategies to reach more of our addressable market and engage more accounts within our ICP. You’ll optimize nurture strategies for leads not-yet-ready for sales and implement an evergreen remarketing strategy.
In addition to producing on-target results, your core responsibilities will include effective campaign management, crystal-clean analytics, segmented ROAS reporting, advanced attribution tracking, and insightful analysis identifying areas of opportunity.
- Own the strategy, execution, analytics, and results of all digital channels: SEO, SEM, landing pages, email marketing, re-marketing, affiliate marketing programs
- Be responsible for on-target achievements of all pre-sales metrics including brand awareness, lead generation, lead conversion, cost per lead, etc.
- Collaborate to establish quarterly marketing lead generation and opportunity creation targets with Sales and deliver qualified leads per agreed upon targets and budget
- Manage and present weekly,
monthly and quarterly metrics on lead generation, channel performance, and segmented ROI
Develop strategies for inbound campaigns including tactics such as webinars, SEM/remarketing, social advertising, native advertising, inbound ABM, partner channels, etc.
- Be directly hands-on in the execution of paid media campaigns, keyword and cost optimization, and organic content strategies
- Collaboratively select and manage events targeting our ICP and utilize events to optimize branding opportunities as well as generate leads for the sales team; manage lead follow-up and measure ROI
- Own and iterate the marketing tech stack, including category analysis, procurement, budgeting, and administration, and championing best practices for rapid scaling
- Collaborate with the website team to optimize attribution tracking, visitor-to-lead conversion, coordinate email and landing page campaigns, enhance visitor experience through personalization and A/B testing
- Lead forecasting, reporting by channel, and measuring the impact and ROI of demand creation activities, from paid media to events to PR
- Own and continually optimize lead scoring, email analytics and activity tagging
- Implement, maintain and optimize marketing automations, be responsible for data integrity, enforcing database best practices
- Drive increased visibility into prospect activity by leading CRM+martech integrations projects in coordination with technical resources
- Continually add marketing channels, foster partner relationships, and drive adoption/activity across affiliate and referral partner marketing channels
To Be Successful in this Role
- 7+ years of experience and a proven, successful track record of success in digital marketing in the B2B SaaS space, with nuanced expertise in SEM, SEO, email marketing, social advertising
- Previous experience marketing technology platforms and solutions
- Mid-market / enterprise marketing experience is ideal
- Expertise in CRM and/or CRM-adjacent industries an upside
- Deep understanding of web analytics, A/B testing, conversion optimization, marketing attribution, ROAS, content marketing, marketing automation
- Obsessed with optimization, experienced and/or instinctually adept at identifying problems, and autonomous and fast-acting in making effective changes that impact next week’s metrics
- Creative, resourceful, out-of-box thinker
Superior written and verbal communication skills
A great fit will also
- Resonate with our company values and be passionate about improving people’s lives through technology
- Be energized by a fast-paced startup environment where your work matters; and where you have a chance to influence and improve our development processes from the ground up
- Have a team-oriented nature with the ability and desire to pick up slack where it’s needed – FreeAgents are independent-minded but total team players
Lead the way
to a better workday
Talk to a CRM expert and
unleash your team’s potential.